How to choose a newborn photographer near you?
Of course, I would have to argue that I am the best newborn photographer in the Seattle area, that being said here are a few things to think about when choosing a photographer.
- Search for newborn photographers near you on google and open the 5 first websites that come to you
- Check their newborn photography portfolio and make sure you like their style and overall vibes
- Check their pricing page and make sure their investment is within your budget
- Check to see if they take photos of the baby solo, baby with family and all the small details of the baby too like hands and feet, to make sure nothing is left out
- Ask if they will provide the props for the baby (like headbands, bonnets, etc..) and dresses for the mama? or you will need to purchase your own props?
- Ask if they provide the studio or if this will be an in-home session, and where their studio is located to make sure it’s at a convenient distance to you
- Talk to the photographer on the phone and make sure you get along with them, they are easy to communicate with and you feel understood
- Ask about their process, how the booking and payment go and make sure the process is easy and transparent
- Ask about their safety process, are they trained to handle the baby safely?
Another important thing to look into when choosing your newborn photographer is what prints they offer, do they offer albums, wall art, or matted prints in their studio? It’s much easier to be able to see the products in real life and order through your photographer than to search for a place later on.
You might also want to ask about the quality of their prints, I offer handmade personalized archival quality prints at my studio, all albums or sourced in Europe through high-quality print labs, and my clients get completely personalized products that match their taste exactly.
About the Photographer
My name is Aayah Khalaf, I am a Seattle-based family photographer. I specialize in lifestyle shoots – maternity photography, newborn photography, family photography, and more! I serve the communities of the greater Seattle area including Bothell, Redmond, Bellevue, Everett, Issaquah, and others.